For anyone using ropes & a harness on steep embankments or other ground based use – some previous experience is preferable.
1 day – No formal assessment – practical testing throughout the course
Do you have a group?
Our instructor can come to your site/workplace (subject to facilities and suitability)
Lynher Training certificate Attendance
Refresher training is recommended approximately every three years
What should you bring to the course?
Steel toe-capped work boots, Gloves, Harness, 12mm climbing rope of suitable length, 3 way Karabinas, Prussik loops, etc. and any other equipment used in the workplace.
What the course covers:
• Health & Safety considerations / LOLER 98
• Familiarisation with the equipment
• Pre-use checks & risk assessments
• Starting & operating checks
• A safe working area
• Practical demonstrations & safe use.
• Maintenance, storage & transport.
• Legislative issues.
All trainees must be over 18 years of age and in good health.
Persons with certain ailments or on certain medication may not be able to take part in the practical sessions