For anyone using ropes & a harness on steep embankments or other ground based use – some previous experience is preferable.
1 day – No formal assessment – practical testing throughout the course
Do you have a group?
Our instructor can come to your site/workplace (subject to facilities and suitability)
Lynher Training certificate Attendance
Refresher training is recommended approximately every three years
What should you bring to the course?
Steel toe-capped work boots, Gloves, Harness, 12mm climbing rope of suitable length, 3 way Karabinas, Prussik loops, etc. and any other equipment used in the workplace.
What the course covers:
• Health & Safety considerations / LOLER 98
• Familiarisation with the equipment
• Pre-use checks & risk assessments
• Starting & operating checks
• A safe working area
• Practical demonstrations & safe use.
• Maintenance, storage & transport.
• Legislative issues.
Persons with certain ailments or on certain medication may not be able to take part in the practical sessions