(Non-levy Employer Co-investment £750)
The Lynher Training Arborist Apprenticeship has a duration of 20 months. During this time the apprentice will be taught all the skills required in order to be put forward for their end-point examination at the end of the 20 months. This end-point assessment will include an online knowledge test, practical skills tests, holistic project and structured interview. The end-point assessment is performed by an independent Lantra Assessor. The arborist apprenticeship consists of a series of mandatory qualifications and a range of industry knowledge and skills which will need to be developed during the apprenticeship. The apprentice will also need to show a positive and committed work ethic.
The Arborist Standard covers a wide range of elements leading up to using a chainsaw in a tree and from a MEWP. Along with a wide range of theory courses from Tree ID to Tree Inspection.
The following mandatory qualifications would need to be achieved prior to end point assessment:
• Level 3 award in emergency first aid at work
• Level 2 award in safe use of brushwood chipper
• Traffic Management (NRSWA Unit 002/O1 Signing, Lighting and Guarding) OR Sector Scheme 12D
• Level 2 award in chainsaw maintenance
• Level 2 award in crosscutting timber using a chainsaw
• Level 2 award in felling and processing trees up to 380mm
• Level 2 award in accessing a tree using a rope and harness
• Level 3 award in aerial tree rescue operations
• Level 3 award in aerial cutting of trees using free fall techniques
• Level 2 award in safe use of mobile elevated work platform
• Level 3 award in use of a chainsaw from a Mobile Elevated Work Platform (MEWP)
Alongside the mandatory qualification, the apprentice will also gain knowledge in tree and fungi identification, tree pests, diseases and disorders, tree inspection and legislation, plant planting and tree science. These are required learning elements which contribute towards their EPA holistic project, online knowledge test and structured interview.
• Apprentices without Level 1 English and maths will need to achieve this level and take the test for Level 2 English and maths prior to taking the end-point assessment.
As an independent Training Provider an apprenticeship can start at any agreed time. If as an employer you are interested in taking on an apprentice then do get in touch. If you are an apprentice candidate looking for an employer then do get in touch so we can make employers aware of your availability.
We are contacted by potential candidates who are ready to start an apprenticeship. Too see some of our current candidates awaiting to start see here: