Anyone using a stumpgrinder for work purposes
1 day for all users Practical assessment with short questions at end of course
The course covers:
• Introduction & aims
• Pre-use checks & risk assessments
• Familiarisation with the machine and working parts
• Routine maintenance
• Blade checking & maintenance
• Daily / weekly checks
• Protective clothing
• Starting & pre-use checks
• Practical demonstrations & safe use
• A Safe working area
• Safe working practices
• Storage & transport.
• Legislative issues.
Our instructor may be able to come to your site/workplace, please contact us for details
Separate NPTC assessments can be applied for (NPTC fees to be paid by the trainee to NPTC direct)
What Should you Bring to the Course?
• Chainsaw helmet or similar.
• Visor / goggles, gloves.
• Steel toe-capped work boots.
• Loose non-snag work overalls.
• 2 passport photos.
Refresher training is recommended approximately every three years.
All trainees must be over 17 years of age and in good health.
Persons with certain ailments or on certain medication may not be able to take part in the practical sessions