Lynher Training Ltd. Covid-19
Instructions for those attending Training courses and Assessments from 5th November 2020. (https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus)
(Please note important changes and additions to the September update:
See FACE – Use of Facemasks indoors
See SPACE – Use of Covid clothing stickers
IMPORTANT REMINDER about Face mask Exemptions IT WILL NO LONGER BE ACCEPTABLE TO ARRIVE AT A COURSE AND DECLARE AN EXEMPTION ON THE DAY. ANYONE ARRIVING AT A COURSE WILL BE REQUIRED TO FOLLOW THE ABOVE GUIDELINES UNLESS PREVIOUSLY DISCUSSED.
Let us know if you are exempt at the time of booking to avoid problems on the day. See Face.
A message to our customers:
In order to maintain high standards of delivery for you, our customers during these challenging times, and to reassure you of our commitment to keep you safe during your course, this is to let you know the measures Lynher Training Limited is taking to minimise the risks.
Before returning your signed booking form, please read these instructions carefully to confirm your agreement.
Should you attend?
- Following government advice, if you have symptoms of coronavirus infection (COVID-19), however mild, you should stay at home and not leave your house for 10 days from when your symptoms started, and arrange a test.
see (https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus)for full details
PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND and update us as soon as possible
- If you have had contact with someone who has a confirmed case of coronavirus (COVID-19) infection, OR had contact with anyone showing Covid-19 symptoms in the last 7 days, OR if you have been contacted by the Government Test and Trace system and been asked to self-isolate
PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND and update us as soon as possible
- If you are at increased risk of suffering severe illness from Covid-19 because you are either: – aged 70 or over, or under 70 with underlying health conditions, then please be aware that you will need to be particularly vigilant in following social distancing measures whilst attending a course. Although we will take every precaution to ensure that risks are minimised according to the guidelines, we suggest you contact us before your course to check with us about your particular requirements if you fall into this category.
PLEASE CONTACT US
Instructions for learners attending courses:
To minimise the risk of infection, and keep everyone safe, anyone attending courses will be required to follow the following guidelines. (based on Government’s ‘System of Control’ steps for FE settings):
- Wash hands frequently (if possible) with soap and water for at least 20 seconds; if that is not possible, use hand sanitiser. All of our classroom-based course venues will have excellent hand washing facilities.
- On practical courses (such as chainsaw, based in woodland) where hand washing facilities may not be available, learners will be required to bring their own hand sanitiser/alcohol gel or wipes if gel unavailable.
- Avoid touching your mouth, nose and eyes.
- Trainees and instructors must arrive at venue wearing a face covering, and keep it on until given further directions by the instructor. (See below re exemptions)
- Indoor Venues: Face coverings to be worn at all times, except when seated (by us) at min 2 m apart. (I.E. Face masks can be taken off when seated at 2m apart, but must be worn when on any break/ moving from seat to any other area).
- NEW NOV 5th 2020: In addition to the above, we ask you even when seated, to please put on your face covering when others in the room are moving around and passing within 2 metres of your seat, to protect everyone at all times. (For example, leaving the room, or the instructor handing paperwork around)
- Outdoor Venues: Face coverings must be worn whenever it’s not possible to be at 2 metres social distance.
- Face Mask Exemptions: If you are exempt from wearing a face covering, we cannot insist that you do, and we cannot ask you to prove that you are exempt. It is your choice.
However, IT IS ESSENTIAL that you inform us at the time of booking to discuss with us whether the course is suitable and safe for you to attend without a face covering. Whilst we understand and respect your choice not to wear a face covering we have a duty to risk assess all of our courses to keep you and other course participants safe.
IT WILL NO LONGER BE ACCEPTABLE TO ARRIVE AT A COURSE AND DECLARE AN EXEMPTION ON THE DAY. ANYONE ARRIVING AT A COURSE WILL BE REQUIRED TO FOLLOW THE ABOVE GUIDELINES UNLESS PREVIOUSLY DISCUSSED AND AGREED. COURSE FEES WILL NOT BE REFUNDABLE IN THIS INSTANCE.
- Disposal of used tissues/ facemasks etc.
For indoor courses, we will endeavour to provide pedal bins to avoid the need to touch with your hands. However, we request that customers keep used items and take them home for disposal to avoid spreading the virus. For outdoor courses customers must take used items home for disposal. Please do not under any circumstances leave used items in woodland, parkland or any other outdoor areas used for training.
- Stay 2 metres apart where possible, or 1 metre with extra precautions in place. We will provide increased space between learners on classroom courses, and for outdoor courses we will ensure that learners can easily maintain social distance.
- NEW NOV 5th 2020. We will be providing bright yellow covid-19 clothing stickers on some courses with outdoor elements. Please ensure you place these in a prominent position as a constant visual reminder to maintain 2 metres social distance at all times.
- In car parking areas, make sure there is enough space between vehicles.
- Close contact activities (such as sharpening and demos) to be kept to an absolute minimum, and for no longer than 10mins at a time, face masks to be worn.
IMPORTANT Additional information:
- Bring your own refreshments. We will not provide refreshments at present, although this will be reviewed.
- Bring your own PPE both for the specific course you are attending (unless otherwise agreed in advance – exceptional circumstances only), and any Covid-19 specific PPE as specified for the course you are attending.
- Equipment: IS NOT available to hire at present except for exceptional circumstances, and to be discussed at the time of booking. Customers who have booked and paid for courses without making arrangements for provision of equipment will not be refunded.
Screening on arrival:
- Instructor will check learners on arrival to exclude anyone exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms. E.g. New continuous cough, Temperature >37.8oC, and/or loss of taste/smell.
- Instructor will check that no Learner is in a situation where they should be self-isolating (e.g. a family member has had symptoms or the Learner should be shielding as they are in an at-risk group).
- Learners will be excluded from the course as necessary
All our staff and instructors will be following the above advice. In the event that they need to self-isolate, this could lead to cancellation of courses at short notice. We will do our best to avoid this.
As the R value has now gone above ‘1’, we recognise that the government may have to reintroduce lockdown measures, and if this happens it may become necessary to cancel or postpone courses in response to guidance from public health authorities. We obviously hope this won’t happen but should this be necessary, we hope that you, our customers will be as understanding as you have been in the past.
Your Instructor/ Assessor:
We are sure that everyone will do their best to abide by the guidelines laid out here; namely, whether to attend, what to bring, and social distancing /hand washing etc. However, learners must be aware that your attendance will be at your instructor’s discretion.
If the instructor decides that your attendance presents a risk to you or others on the course, then you will be asked to return home. We ask you to please comply and to contact us once you have returned home. We will discuss the situation on a case by case basis, and as ever we will endeavour to be as flexible and understanding as possible.
Courses cancelled by Lynher Training due to shortage of staff due to illness or self-isolation, will be rescheduled as soon as possible, and following government advice. We will inform customers of new available dates and will provide options to provide flexibility. If customers have to self-isolate and therefore miss their course, please contact us, and we will advise you of the next availability. *
*We will talk to customers about course cancellation and the rescheduling of courses on an individual basis. As stated in our Terms and Conditions we are not obliged to accept responsibility for changes brought about by circumstances beyond our control, however we will always strive to be fair and accommodating to those who have had genuine concerns/ circumstances preventing them attending courses.
Non-compliance with COVID 19 measures:
Many of the organisations and agencies booking training with us, have asked us to supply details of our Covid-19 measures and Risk assessments before agreeing to continue training with us. It is our duty to these companies and all of our customers, to ensure that our training venues are Covid-19 secure as stated on our published information. Everyone attending a course, should feel confident that what we say will happen, will happen, and we are determined to ensure this is the case!
Anyone failing to comply with these (and previous more detailed) guidelines will be asked to leave the course immediately.
We do understand that there is a lot to remember, and of course there will be the occasional mistake, and so we are asking instructors to remind trainees about the rules when necessary.
However, in the case of deliberate or repeated non-compliance with the guidelines, instructors have the authority to ask you to leave the course immediately.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding in these difficult circumstances.
Enjoy your course and if you have any queries or concerns please don’t hesitate to contact us on 01822 832232. Best wishes, Karen and Allen Howell